When it comes to the end of year Holidays we all like to think of the trips we have planned. Fun trips to visit family, adventures with friends or romantic breaks to end the year but whatever your getaway there is one task that has to be completed before you embark on your trip and that is packing. The idea of packing is always a nice idea until you are sitting on your floor at 2am trying to jam a year’s worth of wardrobe into your suitcase. Now don’t panic because I have 5 helpful tips so that these holidays you can pack like a boss.
- One of the biggest mistakes most of us make when packing is trying to pack too many dresses. We think that we need lots of options but there is one dress that will fix this problem and it has its own acronym. The LBD. Your perfect little black dress goes with everything and can be worn anywhere. I am in love with this Diane Von Furstenberg Zarita Lace Sheath Dress that has the most beautiful scalloping around the neck.
- When it comes to colder weather you can beat a nude coat. Nothing is more classic and timeless than a trench coat. How stunning is this BADGLEY MISCHKA Faux Leather Trim Long Trench Coat in Blush.
This coat is perfect for a work trip or for over a cute dress on a date and because of it’s super light material it is perfect for traveling.
- When you are packing a lot of basics you want to also remember to pack a few statement pieces. One accessory I love to add a pop of color to a simple outfit is a bold scarf. How dreamy is this camel scarf from Won Hundred. Its called the Caden Scarf and I need one in every color.
- When packing one really important but obvious thing you will need is luggage. But to help you pack like a boss you can’t use just any luggage you find lying around in the attic. I recommend hardcases as you can really fit everything in well but most importantly you know you won’t be caught with a bag that can’t fit in the overhead locker of a plane. If you can overstuff your bag there is a chance it won’t fit in and that means you have to pay extra to have it checked in. I am totally obsessed with this Vince Camuto Loma Hardside Spinner Luggage Collection. I mean how can you beat black and gold.
- Now you might be feeling that there are a lot of big bulky items you can’t pack but let’s remember what you CAN pack. Lots and lots of jewelry! These tiny little accessories can instantly change a look from soft and flirty to sexy and strong and they don’t take up any room. Two of my favorites at the moment are the ELISE TSIKIS Havane tassel-drop gold-plated earrings and the OSCAR DE LA RENTA Entangled drop earrings. Two totally different looks and super easy to pack.
Happy packing lovelies xx