One of the most popular questions that I get asked from my brides is, “What can I do to improve my skin/hair leading up to my wedding day,” Once I dig deeper and ask more questions it often becomes clear to me that there are some bad beauty habits and for a bride to feel her best she will want to break those habits before her wedding day. Here are some bad habits to keep an eye out for.
1. This has to be one of the most common habits- Not taking your makeup off at the end of the day! Ladies the right makeup should never cause you to break out but if you don’t remove it properly then your skin doesn’t have a chance to breathe or improve/heal when you sleep. My no excuse tip: Keep face wipes by your bed so no matter how tired you are you can at least wipe your face and throw it on the floor.
2. Not using heat protective spray. I have to admit this is only something I have added to my beauty regime over the last year but I have seen a great improvement with my hair. We all use heated hair tools (sometimes 2-3 in one setting to get ready) so why not give your hair the best chance by spraying on a pre-heat spray.
3. Not drinking enough water- If you read my blog then you would have heard this a million times but drink you water!! How many times do we need to hear models and actresses tell us that they attribute their skin to drinking lots of water. I am always amazed at the difference in a bride’s skin from the trial to her wedding day when she had upped her water intake. Add lemon as it’s the ultimate skin detoxifier.
4. This one is especially important about a month off your wedding date. Stop eating foods you know your body/skin doesn’t like. We all have things that we know can make us breakout. For some its gluten, others its dairy or certain food groups. If you know that ice cream makes you get spots then break that habit for at least a month before your wedding. Your skin will love you for it!
5. Last but not least move your phone away from your bed. Why is that a bad beauty habit you ask? Because instead of getting that much needed beauty rest your skin and hair needs you are going to stay up too late scrolling through instagram or double checking your wedding to-do list. Don’t pretend you don’t know what I am talking about (because I had to move my phone across the room for good). It’s a simple tip but a hard one to break but if you can do it then your body will love you for it! ♥